Coronavirus Office Rightsizing
A few months have passed since we’ve all been introduced to the new normal, and almost every type of industry has been affected in one way or another.
Open floor plans and close-quarter working spaces will now be discarded, as businesses work hard to try and reconfigure their offices to accommodate their clients and staying afloat in a new age of social distancing.
The professional office movers at Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage can help. We have moved thousands of companies throughout the Sacramento area, and we are in tune with what the business community needs, including safety procedures.
During this pandemic, we have been keeping up with information regarding office design guidelines and recommendations.
We are ready to help you reconfigure your office or commercial building so your employees can return to work quickly and stay healthy.
Office Movers Ready To Help
While the vast majority of people are working from home during quarantine, someday, office life will return . Students will return to schools and universities, and plants will reopen.
In the meantime, Yolo Transfer can help you design a plan for your office space that allows for both collaboration and distancing.
We have studied government and public health regulations and social distancing protocols regarding office space, and we are poised to help devise a moving plan for you.
Following the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, local health departments across the country have required employers to take steps to make employees and the public safer.
Their recommendations to employers include:
- Minimize the number of employees working within arm’s length of each other.
- Opt for virtual or over-the-phone conference calls in place of large meetings in stuffed conference rooms.
- For service or retail industries, ensure access for frequent handwashing, clean high-touch surfaces and provide adequate disinfectant wipes, paper towels and other hygiene products.
- Consider telecommuting options for employees.
- Consider staggering start and end times to reduce large numbers of people in the building at the same time.
- Tell employees who are sick to stay home from work. Consider a flexible sick leave policy so that employees can stay home when sick without having to visit a doctor’s office to obtain a note.
Adapting to these changes is crucial, not only for your survival as an essential business, but for the health and well-being of yourself, your staff and the people you serve.
Companies that can demonstrate how they meet federal, state and local guidelines may be allowed to reopen more quickly than those that haven’t implemented changes. And that’s where Yolo Transfer can help.
In times like these, we need to show solidarity and show our community that we are taking this seriously and setting in motion the necessary guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety.
Those in retail will find this especially helpful, as their business relies mostly on customer-facing interactions. If the public sees an organization is taking measures to ensure their safety, they’re more likely to feel comfortable enough to return.
Hiring Office Movers For Rapid Redesign
Yolo Transfer can accomplish a rapid redesign for your office, shop or commercial setting.
Moving and storage companies are considered an essential business, which means that we can continue to work for you even now, while the office is empty.
That results in no downtime for employees or your company as you look to return to work.
We can space desks six feet apart, the recommended measurement for safe social distancing, install partitions, and help reconfigure your office to allow for more personal space.
We provide moving equipment, packing materials and great peace of mind. We also offer complete packing and unpacking services.
We’re able to coordinate with each member of your team so that the redesign can proceed as effortlessly as possible, with little to zero downtime.
Office Real Estate And Reconfiguration
Without a doubt, COVID-19 has changed the business world. What will the future office look like?
No one can say for sure, but here is how many companies are responding to office design following COVID-19:
- More video and over-the-phone conferences means less people congregating in one area. This also means that offices will possibly need to store extra furniture they aren’t utilizing. Yolo Transfer can help pad your furniture, load it onto our trucks and transport them to our warehouse storage facility.
- Working from home is the new normal, and for now, it looks as though it’s here to stay. With that in mind, many businesses may look into cutting costs by downsizing to a smaller place. We have all the means necessary to help facilitate a quick and seamless office move too!
- Employers that have staff working from home may see a necessity to deliver equipment such as computers, monitors, webcams and speakers to their employees to ensure a cohesive working environment. That’s where Yolo Transfer can help. Our team of commercial movers are specially trained to properly handle your office equipment so your IT team doesn’t have to. Our goal is to keep your downtime to a minimum.
- If you’re looking to lease multiple locations to spread your business out, Yolo Transfer is also experienced at coordinating large-scale, multilocation moves. As with any office or commercial move, our professionally trained moving crew will work efficiently, yet carefully, to ensure your office furniture, supplies, and equipment are being handled correctly.
Get A Free Quote For Your Office Move
As your company navigates the future, contact the professional office movers at Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage for expert moves and friendly customer service.
We can help you create a custom plan complete with cost and timeline accommodations for any type of reorganizing or restructuring project.
For more information about our office moving services in the Sacramento area, call us today at (530) 668-1007, or fill out our free quote form for a free estimate.