Moving long distances, whether just across state lines or across the country, is a time-consuming, emotional and stressful process. Don’t let the stress get to you – hire Yolo Transfer!
Since 1973, Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage has been completing hundreds of moves each year. We’re Stevens World Wide Van Lines agents, which makes us part of a network of over 500 nationwide movers.
Our partnership with Stevens gives us valuable resources to make your move easier. That, paired with our expertise and experience in the moving and storage industry, makes us perfectly structured to better serve our community compared to our competitors.
Our professional movers and staff work with you from the beginning, designing a moving plan based on your budget, needs and schedule. We keep up with communication throughout all parts of your move to ensure you have a relaxing, stress-free moving experience. If there’s another service you’d like to add, you can contact our moving representatives at any point in your moving process.
Picking the right long-distance moving company
Selecting a moving company can be overwhelming. From recommendations from friends and family to ads online and offline, the choice can seem impossible. So, how do you know which one is right for you among the many long-distance moving companies?
Depending on your particular needs, choosing a mover may vary, but there are few key things to keep in mind:
- Legal Status – Often the most critical, choosing a company that is fully licensed and insured. Any mover may claim to be licensed and/or insured, but until you can validate that information, don’t take it at face value.
- Intrastate Moves – Many states have rules and regulations to monitor the transport of household goods at a local level. For more information about those responsible for overseeing intrastate moves, contact the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or your local Public Utilities Commission (PUC).
- Out-of-State Moves – For moves at a national level, contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This agency is responsible for giving permits to household goods movers that cross state lines.The FMCSA regularly audits on the safety, legal and economic levels to ensure consumer protection. This information is accessible to the public. FMCSA has a Safety and Fitness Electronic Records System that allows you to confirm whether or not a moving company is licensed.
- Moving Company Reputation – Don’t be easily fooled. Most companies pay for ads to attract customers. This doesn’t mean that every moving company isn’t honest–that’s for you to decide. Comb through reviews of your potential mover. Just because a company may have a bad review, don’t dismiss them. Look at how the company tackled the issue and then decide if they’re the right movers for you.
- Red Flags – If the moving company doesn’t have a physical address, steer clear. Same if their site doesn’t offer a free moving quote. Other red flags include asking for the money upfront, not providing an FMCSA booklet and/or unusually high or low price quotes.
Getting started with your long-distance move
If you know where you’re moving and when you’re moving, but you’re not sure where to start, you’re not alone. Don’t fret, let Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage help you get started:
Step 1: Request a Free In-Home Quote
This one’s easy, simply fill out our free quote form to begin! You should get quotes from at least three moving companies to find out which one has the services you need within your budget.
Step 2: Set Aside Time for A Moving Representative to Visit Your Home
Once you’ve received your quote, ensure you and your moving representative work together to schedule a home or remote visit to determine your final moving price.
A variety of factors may affect your overall moving price such as:
- How heavy are your valuables?
- How far away is your new home?
- How much liability protection do you require?
Step 3: Determine Any Additional Services You Require
As with every move, there are items that have sentimental value or are larger-than-life and difficult to move–that’s where we come in. To ensure that both your possessions and your home receive no damage, our movers carefully wrap, pad and pack all your items.
Not sure what we can handle? We handle everything! Our specialty movers are equipped with additional moving services, including:
- Packing and Unpacking Services: Let us know if you need extra boxes, dollies or pads! We have loads of packing supplies for all shapes and sizes.
- Shipping Services: Do you have over-sized furniture or large vehicles that can’t fit on the truck? We offer long-distance shipping solutions, just ask!
- Specialty Handling: We know a thing or two about moving fragile and valuable possessions such as safes, hot tubs, pools, large pieces of furniture and more!
- Warehouse Storage Solutions: Is your new home not yet ready for move in? We have full-service, climate-controlled warehouse storage. Our warehouse is alarmed and under 24/7 surveillance, so you can rest assured that your items are protected at all times.
Get a free moving quote today
From creating your moving plan, down to assembling every last item, Yolo is dedicated to making your move as seamless and hassle-free as possible.
To get a free moving quote, fill out our free online form or call us at (530) 668-1007.