There is no shortage of movers in Sacramento, but how do you find a moving company that is trustworthy, delivers top-notch service, and charges fair prices? With every company fighting for your attention, it’s easy to get confused if you don’t know how to sift through the noise. We’ve gathered our 50 years of experience to put together the steps below. Follow them and choose a Sacramento moving company with confidence.
1. Get Detailed with Google SearchVague and simple search terms will return results that won’t be tailored to you. Instead of searching for “moving companies near me” or “best moving companies,” use phrases specific to your type of move. Some phrases to consider include:
- Sacramento to Nevada Mover
- Local Movers
- Move Office to Sacramento
- Sacramento Senior Moving Companies
- Fine Art Mover
2. Verify Licenses & InsuranceA legitimate Sacramento mover will be fully licensed and insured. This shows they can legally operate as a moving company and be held accountable for missing or damaged items during your move. Confirm the credentials of Sacramento movers by checking for their US DOT number on their site and double checking on the official USDOT site. Keep the US DOT number in a safe place in the event you have to file a claim.
3. Check Online ReviewsOnline reviews are a good way to get a look into the kind of moving company you’re dealing with. Be aware that all review sites aren’t created equal. When scrolling through online reviews, look for:
- A minimum of 10 total reviews. It’s hard to trust the experiences of three or four people.
- How the company responds to negative comments. Do they argue or do they try to improve? This will tell you a lot about how they will treat you.
- Average total score of the reviews.