Moving to Woodland, CAWoodland, known as the “City of Trees”, is at the seat of Yolo County in California’s Central Valley. It’s thought that Woodland was originally called “Yolo City” but had adopted its current name due to its location in a grove of oak trees. Being situated in a large agricultural area gives Woodland the ability to produce lots of locally grown and curated goods, such as beet sugar, vegetables, fruit, rice, and olives. Woodland has also become a manufacturing and distribution center, thanks to the roads and highways that connect Woodland to other cities and industries. If you’re looking for movers in Woodland, CA, look no further. Since 1973 Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage has been helping Woodland and Northern California with all sorts of moves including local, long distance, office and college moves!
Things to Do in Woodland, CAWhen you visit Woodland, you can get a glimpse into a rich history reflected in its historic buildings, natural landscapes, musical venues and educational tours of museums filled with Woodland’s past. Look at a handful of places and things to experience in Woodland, CA:
- Cache Creek Regional Park
- Woodland Sports Park
- Woodland Public Library and Rose Garden
- Reiff’s Gas Station Museum
- Woodland Opera House Theater
- Cache Creek Regional Park Cache Creek park covers over 600 acres of natural wilderness and has a variety of trees such as oak and pine. This park provides fun amenities for everyone including kayaking, hiking, white water rafting and fishing.
- Woodland Sports Park Get out and get active at the awesome Woodland Sports Park facility. Featuring fully turfed soccer fields, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, a playground for the kids and a dog park for your furry little friends.
Our Favorite Attractions
- Woodland Public Library and Rose Garden The Woodland Public Library is on the list of National Register of Historic Places and is one of the oldest Carnegie libraries in California. Just outside the library are four beautiful rose gardens through which families and flower enthusiasts alike can stroll. All four gardens are winners of the 2015 Garden of Excellence Award by the World Federation of Rose Societies.
- Reiff’s Gas Station Museum A blast from a past, this nostalgic 1950s-esque automotive museum is a sight to behold! With loads of car culture antiques, you can see things like antique gas pumps, old stations signs and so much more.
Woodland, CA Night Life
- Woodland Opera House Theater The Woodland Opera House, or WOH, has been around for 135 years. After surviving a fire in 1892 and a lawsuit in 1913, WOH was reopened in 1976 and declared a historic building. In 1981, restoration of the theater began and it still stands today as one of four fully functioning opera houses in California.
- Mojos Kitchen Located at 428 1st St in Woodland, CA, Mojo’s Kitchen never disappoints in flavorful courses, excellent wine selections and service. The bar has a casual vibe and the food is incredible! Don’t pass up the pork BBQ tater tots, topped with crispy onion strings and green onion, with the perfect amount of sweet honey BBQ and pulled pork topping. End on a sweet note with a classic fan favorite, crème brûlée.