Moving to Davis, CA
The team at Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage wants to ensure that no matter where you move, your relocation experience is as seamless and hassle-free as possible.
We understand that moving to a new place can be both exciting and stressful, so let us help take on the stress of moving by utilizing our over 30 years of experience in the moving and storage industry.
We can make your move to Davis, CA that much easier with residential and commercial moving services including local, long distance and office moving services. Our warehouse storage is a great solution for those looking to place some items away for a short or long period of time. We also have supplemental services to help streamline the process such as packing & unpacking services.
About Davis, CA
Before 1907, Davis was called Davisville, after the local prominent farmer and one of California’s earliest pioneers, Jerome C. Davis. In 1907, a mere shortening of “Davisville” by the post office gave the town its newest name.
From there, Davis became widely known for its contributions to a booming agriculture industry in the form of animal husbandry and veterinary sciences.
Toward the west, Davis is only a few hours away from the lively City of San Francisco and its Golden Gates. The Sierra Nevada Mountain Range lies to the east and was the focus of the much-celebrated California gold rush.
Things to Do in Davis
Currently, Davis is celebrated for its United States Bicycling Hall of Fame
, which has a collection of antique bikes and trophies. The UC Davis Arboretum
features acres of gardens, with trails and a lake. And don’t forget to sample the flavors of locally grown produce sold at the Davis Farmers Market
. For history buffs, The Hattie Weber Museum
has exhibits on the area’s history, including dresses from the 1920s and ‘30s, but these are just a few of the places we recommend.
Read ahead for more places to pique your curiosity including places for foodies, big spenders and sightseers:
Restaurants in Davis, CA
- Burgers and Brew — This Local brewpub is located at 403 3rd St., with three other venues in West Sacramento, Sacramento and Chico, CA. Each Burgers and Brew has thirst-quenching craft beers on tap and burgers, fries and more to satiate that hunger. Take your grub out on the patio, dine-in or feel free to call ahead for curbside pickup.
- The Mustard Seed — This popular Davis eatery attracts locals and visitors alike with its intimate setting and upscale cuisine. Wine and dine in the rustic elegance and get a taste of the seasonal menu, which changes weekly. Plates here feature locally grown produce, farm raised meats and seafood. The atmosphere and delicious food make the Mustard Seed a great choice for a nice date or dinner with the family.
Shopping in Davis, CA
- Armadillo Music — This is the place to be. Armadillo Music specializes in new and used CD’s, Vinyl, DVD’s, Books, Stereo Equipment, and Cassettes. Let the soulful sounds and rhythmic beats take you back to a time of jams and chill times. Armadillo Music also hosts live music up to 3 times a week, regular vinyl fairs, and supports community events like the Davis Music Festival and the 2nd Friday ArtAbout.
- Crème de la Crème Exquisite Gifts — If you’ve never been to Crème de la Crème before, then do yourself a favor and stop by this special little gem tucked away in Downtown Davis. There is a nice variety of housewares, gift clothing (like pajamas, aprons, etc.), luxury soaps, cards, jewelry and more. Everything is beautiful and it always smells good too!
Davis, CA Attractions
- Design Museum of UC Davis — UC Davis Design Museum explores how design shapes, improves and makes up our world view including a variety of things such as originality, aesthetics & utility in our day-to-day lives.
- SkyDance SkyDiving — Tandem Skydiving-Skydive with an instructor strapped to you. Get a taste of the excitement that some have described as intense, indescribable and filled with pure adrenaline!
Why Move to Davis, CA?
Living in Davis gives residents that small-town feel while still feeling like a bustling city. Downtown Davis offers a vibrant nightlife and many retail shops, restaurants, coffee shops, and art galleries to peruse.
Let Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage help you make the transition into a wonderfully close-knit community. Let us help you move seamlessly while you explore what makes living in Davis, CA one the best places to live in Yolo County
Fill out our free quote form
or call us today at (530) 668-1007
for more information on our moving and storage services in Davis, CA.