Since 1973, our family owned and operated business has been providing trustworthy and organized moving and storage services for families just like yours.
We offer residential and commercial moving services including long distance
and dorm room moving
Our warehouse storage
comes in handy for both long and short-term needs, and it comes equipped with climate-controlled features and security measures in place with 24/7 surveillance.
We also offer convenient packing and unpacking services
for those that need a hand!
We are a Woodland-based moving and storage company dedicated to providing the high quality services and customer care you can expect from an Interstate Agent of Stevens Worldwide Van Lines.
Davis Local Moving Services
If you’re choosing to hire a moving company, chances are you have a sizable move. That’s why we’re here to make things easier for you.
Once you fill out our quote form, we’ll give you a call and help you plan out every step of your move.
Your custom, local moving plan will be built around everything you need so can be sure we won’t surprise you with additional fees.
Whether you’re in the market for a new home or office there are two areas that most people should consider:
- Where will your items be stored and for how long?
- Will you be packing yourself?
You can plan for the unexpected if you choose our convenient long-term and short-term storage options. If your new space isn’t quite ready, feel free to use our warehouse storage equipped with climate-control features and 24/7 surveillance. We can ensure your possessions will be safeguarded and protected from the elements.
Packing & Unpacking Services:
Packing is often the most put-off task because it’s a lot to handle on top of moving your home or office. That’s why the professional packers at Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage are your best bet for quick and affordable packing and unpacking services. Don’t fret about how to pack and what not to pack–we’ll take care of it all!
Planning Your Move to Davis
Whether you’re planning a local move to or from Davis, Folsom, Granite Bay, Woodland or anywhere else in California, movers like us know you need to be prepared:
When moving day is finally here, you’ll be glad you got this stuff out of the way.
- Two months prior to your move. Starting this early gives you the time to research nearby local moving companies, the services you need and collect quotes. You’ll want to choose your moving company at least four weeks ahead of moving day. Don’t cast your net too wide that it takes too long looking for the right one.
- Get estimates from three local movers. Although, we think you’ve made the right choice by coming to Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage, don’t let that discourage you from asking around. Compare what each company has to offer and choose the one that best fits your needs.
- Utilities and subscription services. Any services you are currently subscribed to or are billed for regularly should be notified of your new address. For utilities, schedule them for cancellation on the last day at your old house and set them up to start working prior to move-in.
- Begin sorting your belongings. Are you packing yourself or will you need help? If you’re choosing to hire packers, be sure you sort through your belongings and consider if there are items you need to give away, donate or discard. This will save you time and money on moving day.
- Gather packing materials. Generally, a moving and storage company will supply their own packing materials. At Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage, we have packing materials and containers to suit any type of possession. Whether they’re fragile or indestructible, we’ll handle each item with care and ensure it is protected properly.
- Clean out your cupboards, drawers, desks and more. Every little bit helps. During the moving process it can be a bit clunky and somewhat difficult to move items that have things inside of it. To lessen the likelihood of accidents, ensure you thoroughly go drawer, desk and cupboard to make sure they’re cleaned out.
- Consider storage options. Sometimes during a local move your new home or office isn’t quite ready to be moved into. In that case, short-term storage is your best bet while you sort out the details of your new place. For the times when you won’t need something for a few months or even a whole year, long-term storage can be ideal. No matter if it’s permanent or temporary, Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage can keep your items safe, secure and safe from the elements.
Trusted Davis, CA Movers
Our full service moving and storage company is equipped to handle any size move whether it’s local, long-distance or commercial. Our quick service and attention to detail is what separates us from the competition.
For more information on our moving and storage services, fill out our free online quote form
, or call Yolo Transfer Moving & Storage today at (530) 668-1007